I raised my strike price from $17.50 to $17.80 today after getting my 10 day heads up on the x-dividend date. It’s time to get serious and pick up some NLY for its 14+% dividend yield.
Recently I compared CIM and NLY to determine which one I should buy.
REITs CIM and NLY
I chose NLY. Here’s why:
1. NLY is a large fund with a longer track record.
2. CIM has a very short 4 year track record.
3. NLY was rated ‘Most-Watched” REIT from Motley Fool. (See detail below).
4. NLY is not as exposed to the Consumer as CIM and the higher market cap is also seen as a plus.
5. Although the PEG for NLY is over 1, it has a low PE of 9.
6. NLY has a safer dividend.
7. NLY is less subject to Institutional Selling and has a broader base of ownership. Extra safety.