24 JanBuy PG at $64.47

I bought P&G, Proctor and Gamble, PG NYSE for my retirement account. Of course I am reinvesting the dividend which is yielding 3.23% or $2.10 per share. As with all my high yield retirement stocks, this will be a long term buy and hold unless there is some compelling reason to sell.

Here are my top reasons (other than the good dividend) for buying PG:

PG is one of the more profitable companies in the Personal & Household Prods. industry with a net margin of 13.92%
PG’s revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.9%.
PG has been paying a dividend for 121 consecutive years since its incorporation in 1890 and has increased its dividend for 55 consecutive years at an annual compound average rate of approximately 9.5%.
PG has launched what it calls the biggest laundry innovation in more than a quarter century with Tide & Cascade Pods.
PG is innovative with a retail sales unit named Tide Dry Cleaners(R) stores. Tide Dry Cleaners offers amazing cleaning for a wide range of garments and textiles.

0saves
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.
Tags: , ,
No comments

Place your comment

Please fill your data and comment below.
Name
Email
Website
Your comment