Oil at 1950’s Prices

Chart of the day, Oil in the mid 20’s, the same price as the 1950’s. Some speculate that oil may fall as low as $18. If and when that happens we will have reached an investible bottom in Energy investments. My top energy holdings are CVX, VLO, OXY, KMI, EPD. Only VLO has outperformed the … [Read more…]

Change in Sector Investing 2012-2015

The Beaglefolio invests in 13 Sectors providing  both conservative capital appreciation through rents, royalties and dividends and medium risk growth investments at as core investment strategies. ETF’s, Real Estate and BTFs (Bonds, Treasuries and Funds) are top three sectors in the YE 2015 Beaglefolio. In 2012 BTF, Tech and Energy were the top three sectors. Energy Energy … [Read more…]

I’m Buying Stocks $DIS $AAPL

At 9:41 I bought more $AAPL at $100/share and on Friday at 2:46 pm I started a new position in $DIS at $99/share. Stocks are going on sale. With 10%, 20% even 30% discounts there are some good opportunities out there.

Buy DIS at $99

In my recent post, “Three $100 Buys on a Pullback” I suggested buying Disney (DIS) on a pullback to $100. However with the huge drop in price today (nearly 6%), I lowered my strike price to $99. Disney did cross under in late trading but is now hovering around the $100 mark.  Adding DIS to … [Read more…]

Buy GLD at $100

As a contrarian investor, I look for good entry points on my investments and gold is starting to look good. While everyone is selling gold I’m looking to buy my first lot of GLD, the gold ETF, if and when it hits $100. Chart: One year of GLD (Gold EFT) Can it go lower, surely … [Read more…]

Crude Nearing 16 yr Resistance

In 1973 OPEC had an oil embargo on the US which rose to sharply higher prices. Today the lower US Dollar coupled with rising supply from nontraditional sources such as fracking and oil sands has led to a temporary glut in the market. Supply and Demand Adjustment Period With oil on sale consumers are going … [Read more…]