What I sold last year: I sold EMC at $19.25 for a 18% long term gain – still holding significant number of shares. Sold too soon. I sold all my SLV at 27.65, 43% short term gain, but did I sell too soon? Very scary at these levels. Looking for a major pullback before considering … [Read more…]
Will RIMM’s new OS due out next quarter save the stock? I’m not going to hold any RIMM all summer to find out next September if their new OS is a stud or a dud.
The focus should be on the annihilation of PALM because RIMM still has space to manuver. After all RIMM is #1 in email, the must have application and the world market for hand held devices is growing internationally at a pace that will easily support 3 big names.
The mounting pressure from competitors like Apple, Google and now Microsoft plus the high return on investment (58% 1 year) are the primary reasons for selling part of my RIMM holdings.
RIMM at this time looks like a place to cash in some gains. My first 1/4 of RIMM was bought on 12/03/08 for $35.09 returning a 99% gain and my second 1/4 of RIMM was bought on 2/18/09 at a cost of $44.09 returning 58% on my investment. This looks like a good time to take some profits in RIMM. I will still hold 1/4 of my max target position.
I bought 1/4 of my target position in RIMM at $65 on 01/19/2010 this puts my position at 50% of my long term objective.
In conclusion, I am looking at a straddle* on GE. Investment in BRIC, and purchase of some lowlying high quality stocks. If stocks get punished, I think there may be another ‘high quality’ buying opportunity.
Analysts are mixed on this stock. I reduced due to competition from Apple and Palm. Lets see how the summer fares for RIMM. I may add or sell of the rest of my position.
June 9 Order Status Review GE, PG, Goog, Rimm Three Buys and a Sell
The recent surge from 39 last month to 63+ today is why I sold some RIMM today. But I am going to initiate a buy on a pull back to $53. I think there is a good chance this stock will pull back to this area. Then RIMM could resume its advance to $100 where … [Read more…]